The lower river passes under the Isaac Lee Patterson Bridge and U.S. Route 101 at Gold Beach.
Among the many bridges that cross the Rogue River is the
Isaac Lee Patterson Bridge, which carries
U.S. Route 101 over the river at Gold Beach. Designed by
Conde B. McCullough and built in 1931, it is "one of the most notable bridges in the Pacific Northwest".
 Named a
National Historic Civil Engineering Landmark in 1982 by the
American Society of Civil Engineers, the 1,898-foot (579 m) structure was the first in the U.S. to use the
Freyssinet method of stress control in concrete bridges. It features 7 open-
spandrel 230-foot (70 m)
arch spans, 18 deck-girder approach spans, and many ornate decorative features such as
Art Deco entrance pylons.
Several historic bridges cross the Rogue between Gold Hill and Grants Pass. The Gold Hill Bridge, designed by McCullough and built in 1927, is the only open-spandrel, barrel-arch bridge in Oregon. Its main arch is 143 feet (44 m) long.
 Also designed by McCullough, the Rock Point Bridge carries
U.S. Route 99 and
Oregon Route 234 over the river near the unincorporated community of
Rock Point. The 505-foot (154 m) structure has a single arch. Built in 1920 for $48,400, it replaced a wooden bridge at the same site.
 The bridge was closed in September 2009 for repairs to its
railings. The project is expected to cost $3.9 million.
Caveman Bridge in Grants Pass is a 550-foot (170 m), three-arch concrete structure. Designed by McCullough and built in 1931, it replaced the Robertson Bridge. The city calls the structure Caveman because the Redwood Highway (
U.S. Route 199) that crosses the bridge passes near
Oregon Caves National Monument,
 about 50 miles (80 km) south of Grants Pass.
Slightly downstream of Grants Pass, the Robertson Bridge, built around 1909, is a 583-foot (178 m) three-span, steel, through-
truss structure moved downriver in 1929 to make way for the Caveman Bridge. It carries the Rogue River Loop Highway (
Oregon Route 260) over the river west of the city. The bridge was named for pioneers who settled in the area in the 1870s.