Requesting a translation from a foreign language to English
Requesting a translation from a foreign-language Wikipedia into English is easy.
- If the English article already exists (but a translation would be useful because the article in the foreign language is of higher quality, or includes additional information):
- If the English article does not yet exist:
- you can:
- create the article on English Wikipedia using the process described at Your first article;
- once you have created the article, tag it with a translation template, as mentioned above.
- add a page request red link in the Requested articles Project section with the proposed title of the article which will contain the translation adding an interwiki link to the foreign-language Wikipedia page(s). Note that fewer people will likely see a request created using this method.
- In either case, articles must meet the relevant notability criteria for the English-language Wikipedia – foreign-language Wikipedias may have differing standards, and the acceptance of an article in one language is no guarantee that it will be accepted in another.
Note that this page is not for requesting translations of copyrighted sources outside Wikipedia. It is also not for pages currently in English Wikipedia that are not in English. For that, please see Wikipedia:Pages needing translation into English.