Hello, Teahouse Greetings of the day! I am here to seek your help once again for suggestions and your kind advice forPerformance fabrics, copying here some recently exchanged messages for your immediate understanding of the concern.
Hi Roxy, appreciate your observations.i have added the required references to the chart, The basic difference between Fabric and Performance fabric is performance.which is enhanced in these fabrics. Don't hesitate to ask me again ThanksRajiv Sharma (talk) 17:44, 11 August 2018 (UTC)
I have moved this reply to Rajiv's talk page, where I opened the discussion. -Roxy, the dog. barcus 19:45, 11 August 2018 (UTC)
Roxy, the dog. hello, I will add more sources, and for your queries 1. You asked ..So exactly what performance do you mean...and enhanced from what state? @@Performance, it is about the attributes of the fabrics totally opposite in a manner to achieve added functionalities (Interestingly these added attributes enhance the scope of use of those fabrics) @@enhance from what state....The added properties/performances do not belong originally to those fabrics but they are enhanced by different things see the definition.And properties of fabrics basically belongs to their origin and their polymers and polymer structure etc. But in this case, these properties are engineered to achieve added advantages. Examples of Polyester which is hydrophobic becomes water-loving(makes it useful for sportswear) and cotton is possible to behave water repel(You must have seen types of denim claiming rain guard, stain repel ) I tried to answer everything but you are welcome any time, don't stop asking, One last thing should we improve the definition part, please advise thanksRajiv Sharma (talk) 01:57, 12 August 2018 (UTC)
User:RAJIVVASUDEV, you have used a lot of words to say almost nothing. The only meaningful remark is that these fabrics purportedly make polyester hydrophilic, and cotton hydrophobic. Please address Roxy's concerns in a more direct way. Shock Brigade Harvester Boris (talk) 02:02, 12 August 2018 (UTC)
Shock Brigade Harvester Boris (talk)Hi let me elaborate it little more without repeating what is performance and enhancement, Performance fabrics they are purposefully manufactured to meet the conditions(sometimes extreme) with a predetermined objective. The originally owned properties of those fabrics also remain important in the whole consideration. Allow me to redefine and add some more relevant sources,Drift from Nike is a more convincing example anyway thanks, Please advise me about definition part which is revised now.Thanks again. Rajiv Sharma (talk) 02:39, 12 August 2018 (UTC)
I give up. Shock Brigade Harvester Boris (talk) 02:49, 12 August 2018 (UTC)— Preceding text originally posted on User talk:Roxy the dog#Performance fabrics
I know my explanations are technical and not understandable easily,need your help and Roxy to improve the things,that is why we are here.I have added sources,hopefully more convincing and reliable.Please comment .ThanksRajiv Sharma (talk) 06:40, 12 August 2018 (UTC)
- Hello RAJIVVASUDEV and welcome to the Teahouse.
- I think you need to go back to the talk page of the article, at Talk:Performance fabrics and work out with other editors what sort of references should be added to the article. As best I can tell, you are inserting references that, at best, relate only tangentially to the statements that you are intending to support. If you want to improve the definition, and are finding some resistance, the talk page is also the place to put forward your suggested improvement and justify it. If you are not getting enough participation on the talk page, you may need to start an RfC or other steps to get more widespread input. — jmcgnh(talk) (contribs) 06:55, 12 August 2018 (UTC)
- RAJIVVASUDEV: the problem with your explanations of the term performance fabric is not that they're "technical and not understandable easily". It's that they're vacuous, they don't say anything.
- If someone writes of a "performance car", he's probably referring to its acceleration and top speed, and not its capacity or comfort. But I've no idea what you mean by "performance fabric". Maproom (talk) 08:02, 12 August 2018 (UTC)
- @RAJIVVASUDEV: I was looking to find an article named
Engineered fabrics for contrast but such a page does not yet exist. A Google search indicates that this term is frequently used for fabrics that have been treated with chemical coatings to alter their characteristics. I realize that you started the Performance fabrics page a couple of years ago, but it remains problematic. — jmcgnh(talk) (contribs) 08:58, 12 August 2018 (UTC)
- Well noted all,Thanks for your adviceRajiv Sharma (talk) 09:09, 12 August 2018 (UTC)
— jmcgnh @jmcgnh you are right! actually there are few things which are recently introduced in textiles like wearable technology,e-textile, And Perfomance fabrics is one of them.henceforth information,knowledge and sources are limited, and the available information is very much confusing and misleading.I sincerely want wikipedia as an authentic source of knowledge for the concerned readers.Hopefully you got my point.ThanksRajiv Sharma (talk) 10:08, 12 August 2018 (UTC)
Maproom (talk)@Maproom got your point but primarily fabrics are for comfort and protection only.Please identify and inform what are the other areas to be improved except definition?ThanksRajiv Sharma (talk) 09:58, 12 August 2018 (UTC)
- R - please, no bold text. What I see at the article is that you worked on it a lot in 2015, and recently (August) lengthened it significantly. I expected to see more discussion at the Talk of the article rather than individuals' Talk pages and here at Teahouse. Please be civil. Writing "I know my explanations are technical and not understandable easily" is condescending toward the people who are/were trying to help. David notMD (talk) 11:19, 12 August 2018 (UTC)
David notMD (talk) Got it,Bold was unintentional.correcting the same and for technical and all..I was never meant like that. ThanksRajiv Sharma (talk) 12:03, 13 August 2018 (UTC)
- I just discovered this. -Roxy, the dog. barcus 11:43, 14 August 2018 (UTC)
How are Performance Fabrics different from Technical textile, which is a page detailing various forms of clothing that are not worn for aesthetic purposes, but for a function? Kindly go over that page and revert with comments. If your content improves that page, then that's better, yeah?
ModerationIsTheKey (talk) 06:16, 17 August 2018 (UTC)
Need Help Hi! greetings of the day, Sir i have made few revisions and improvements,Please review the same, need help how to improve further.ThanksRajiv Sharma (talk) 04:57, 14 August 2018 (UTC)
- Rajiv Sharma I've moved your question from the Teahouse talk page to this page. The Teahouse talk page is for discussing things related to the running of the Teahouse; it's not really the place for posting questions such as this. -- Marchjuly (talk) 05:05, 14 August 2018 (UTC)
- It appears that you are already discussing this at Talk:Performance fabrics#Performance fabrics with Roxy the dog. Article talk pages are usually the best places for such discussions because it makes it easier for other editors who might be interested in the subject matter to participate in the discussion. However, you need to be patient because editors occasionally get busy and might not immediately respond to your posts. Personally, although I think the changes you made were probably done in good faith, I don't think that huge image gallery you added to the article is really an improvement and actually makes the article worse than it would be without it. -- Marchjuly (talk) 05:15, 14 August 2018 (UTC)
- Good grief. -Roxy, the dog. barcus 11:44, 14 August 2018 (UTC)
- The gallery of huge photos is gone, and the article is now being mulled over at AfD: Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Performance fabrics. David notMD (talk) 20:50, 14 August 2018 (UTC)
- Followers on this topic may be interested in Draft:Functional clothing. — jmcgnh(talk) (contribs) 06:09, 20 August 2018 (UTC)
- Oh dear me!. Does anybody know the difference between "Functional clothing" and non "Functional clothing"? -Roxy, the dog. barcus 06:54, 20 August 2018 (UTC)
- Functional clothing is made by Carhartt, non-functional clothing is made by Versace. David notMD (talk) 11:09, 20 August 2018 (UTC)