The Ghogha Christian mission was initiated by the Reverend James McKee in 1844 and was a part of the Kathiawar and Gujarat mission establishment started and supported by the
About 1869, Wallacepur was founded on a tract of land near the village of Kareda about 11 mi (18 km) southwest of
Additions to the village were made by the Reverend George T. Rea, who was in charge of the mission afterwards. In 1871, a number of Christians came from Gujarat and settled. At the time, there were eight houses, a church with a bell, a resthouse, a missionaries house, a public well, and a cattle pond.