The Hall was hosted by Eisenhower College until 1979, when the organization rented out a historic bank building in the Seneca Falls Historic District and renovated it to house the Hall's permanent exhibit, historical artifacts, and offices. The Hall is located at 76 Fall Street, near the Women's Rights National Historical Park which was established at the site of the 1848 Convention. In 2014 the organization's board undertook a $20 million capital campaign to fund the development of a new location for the Hall at the 1844 Seneca Knitting Mill, which is associated with the abolitionist movement and with the birthplace of women's rights. The move will quadruple the available space to 16,000 square feet (1,500 m2), including exhibit space, offices, and meeting space for conferences, wedding receptions and community events. The site is in view of the Wesleyan Chapel where the 1848 women's rights convention took place.