Mullard valve TDD4. The gold spray coating served no purpose other than to hide the blackened interior as Mullard valves were still manufactured using the azide process, long abandoned by other makers.
Famous Mullard EL34 Power Pentode
Current Russian production Mullard EL84 valve.
Mullard Limited was a
British manufacturer of
electronic components. The Mullard Radio Valve Co. Ltd. of
Southfields, London, was founded in 1920 by Captain
Stanley R. Mullard, who had previously designed valves for the Admiralty before becoming managing director of the Z Electric Lamp Co. The company soon moved to
Hammersmith, London and then in 1923 to
Balham, London. The head office in later years was Mullard House at 1-19 Torrington Place,
Bloomsbury, now part of
University College London.