Lyallpur Khalsa College
Lyallpur Khalsa College is a multi-faculty co-educational college located in
The college began its life journey in Lyallpur in undivided Punjab with the establishment of Khalsa High School in 1908. The philanthropists of the city donated land and other resources for the establishment of the school. Noted Sikh statesman Master Tara Singh served as the first headmaster of the school and it was here that he got the title of 'Master' prefixed to his name. The school was later upgraded to a degree college in 1928.
The bloody partition of the country led to reestablishment of the college in Jalandhar in 1947-48. Although much of the possessions of the institution remained behind, the college was still able to bring along a number of books from its library. Soon after its migration to Jalandhar, the college started post graduation in Punjabi and became the
first college in the region to offer MA Punjabi. The affiliation of the college was transferred from Punjab University to Guru Nanak Dev University in 1969-70.
The college is managed by a Governing Council which has been headed by key political figures S.