This article needs additional citations for verification
. (May 2013)
This is a list of notable political scientists. See the list of political theorists for those who study political theory. See also political science.
- Alan Abramowitz – expert in American politics, political parties, ideological realignment, elections, and voting behavior; professor at Emory University
- Brooke Ackerly - expert on grounded normative theory, feminist theory, feminist international relations, and scholar activism, professor at Vanderbilt University
- David Adamany – public law specialist and President of Temple University
- John Aldrich – political parties expert at Duke University, author of Why Parties?
- Graham Allison – early proponent of the bureaucratic politics model, author of Essence of Decision, national security specialist, former Dean of Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University
- Gabriel A. Almond – originator of the culturist movement in comparative politics
- Gar Alperovitz – political economist
- Ambedkar – jurist, economist and Chairman of the Drafting Committee of the Constitution of India
- William Anderson – specialist in public administration
- Michael E. Arth - author of Democracy and the Common Wealth, public policy analyst, founded two public policy wikis. Special focus on electoral reform, population, and environmental issues.
- Robert Axelrod – expert on game theory and complexity theory, wrote extensively on the Prisoner's Dilemma, former president of American Political Science Association