Körting Hannover AG (previously Körting Brothers AG) is a long-standing industrial engineering company in
At the end of the 19th and beginning of the 20th century, the company played a leading role in the development of injector pumps in Germany and Europe.
Körting still produces pump and pump-based
The Körting Brothers company was founded in Hanover on November 1, 1871 by the brothers Berthold and Ernst Körting. The brothers rented a small office a small space in the backyard of the present day 13 Joachimstrasse near Hanover Central Station. Berthold took charge of the
Due to the ever increasing orders, in 1872 the company rented a factory on Celler street in what is now the Oststadt district. It consisted of two small buildings with a 12 horse-power
The enterprise grew quickly, and in a few years established proxies in Germany and neighboring European lands (London, Paris,
In 1889, a new, larger factory with a large foundry and a powerhouse, would be erected in
In 1904, the Fusch family entered the company through marriage. Today the Körting company is in the fifth generation of Körting/Fusch family ownership.
The product line was continually adjusted throughout the 20th century, whereby the core competence – flow devices (ejector pumps, nozzles, and industrial burners) – became ever more sophisticated. In contrast, the motor- and turbine-engineering declined and were ultimately abandoned.