- 1 January
- 30 January – Following rumours that The Police will reunite for a tour after 23 years to mark the 30th anniversary of the release of "Roxanne", the band announce that they will perform at the opening of the 49th annual Grammy Awards on 11 February and subsequently announce The Police Reunion Tour.
- February — A lightning strike severely damages Llandaff Cathedral organ.
- 25 March — Elton John plays Madison Square Garden for the 60th time, to celebrate his 60th birthday. The concert sets the record for most performances by an artist at the venue. Longtime songwriting partner Bernie Taupin makes an appearance, as well as celebrities Whoopi Goldberg and Robin Williams and former President Bill Clinton. John performs songs from his back catalogue, including "Ballad of a Well-Known Gun" and "Roy Rogers".
- 7 April — Joss Stone's third studio album Introducing Joss Stone enters the U.S. Billboard 200, becoming the highest début entry by a British female solo artist on the U.S. chart; the record was previously held by Amy Winehouse's Back to Black, which had come in at number seven the previous week.
- 12 May — At the Eurovision Song Contest, the UK is represented by Scooch, who finish in penultimate place in the final with "Flying the Flag (For You)".
- 30 May–5 June — The Peel Bay Festival takes place on the Isle of Man.
- 22 June-25 June — Glastonbury Festival, headlined by Arctic Monkeys, The Killers, and The Who on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, respectively. Dame Shirley Bassey was also featured.
- 28 June — The Spice Girls announce their reunion at the O2 in London in a press conference televised worldwide.
- 1 July — The Concert for Diana takes place at Wembley Stadium in London. Performers include Duran Duran, Elton John, Fergie, Joss Stone, Kanye West, Nelly Furtado, Rod Stewart, and Tom Jones.
- 4-11 August — The Three Choirs Festival is held at Gloucester, with a programme including Benjamin Britten's War Requiem and Mahler's Symphony No 8.
- 24 August — Bryn Terfel's Faenol Festival opens with a concert featuring Girls Aloud. Other artists appearing during the weekend include Rebecca Evans, Carlos Alvarez, and Michael Ball.
- 22 September–29 September — The 35th North Wales International Music Festival is held at St Asaph.
- 1 October
- 2 December – The Spice Girls open their reunion tour in Vancouver, Canada.
- 10 December – Led Zeppelin reunite in London for their first show in 25 years.