From today's featured article
Did you know...
- ... that parasitoid wasps in the genus Trogus emerge (pictured) through the side of swallowtail pupae after using liquid to soften the hard casing?
- ... that in 2015, the then-20-year-old Hussein, Crown Prince of Jordan, became the youngest person ever to chair a UN Security Council session?
- ... that the Ayahs' Home in London provided a refuge for Indian and Chinese nannies who were "ill-treated, dismissed from service or simply abandoned"?
- ... that the Staten Island Ferry in New York City, used by almost 24 million passengers annually as of 2017, is free to ride?
- ... that Hugh Lester was the first non-British player to represent Liverpool?
- ... that part of Adolf Hitler's Tannenberg compound was used for fertilizer storage after World War II?
- ... that journalist Joe Hung was the first to translate the works of Taiwanese poet Lai He into English?
- ... that a blogpost made by David Frum predicting that Obamacare would never be repealed drew so many hits that it crashed the servers within hours?
In the news
On this day...