From today's featured article
Did you know...
Flat bottle with mailer
- ... that Garçon Wines produces a wine bottle (pictured) designed to fit through a letter box?
- ... that Hermin Esser performed 14 tenor roles at the Bayreuth Festival dedicated exclusively to stageworks by Richard Wagner, beginning in 1966 as Froh and ending in 1981 as Tristan?
- ... that voice actress Yuki Nakashima is a public relations officer for Japan's Wakayama Prefecture?
- ... that the Scottish surgeon David Wallace was appointed to the Order of St Michael and St George for his work in the Boer War and knighted for his work in World War I?
- ... that the Maple River State Game Area contains the only known inland salt marsh in the state of Michigan?
- ... that Sophie Luff, who captained the boys' cricket team whilst at school, was named the "most promising young female cricketer" of 2015?
- ... that the different types of combined hormonal contraception include a pill, a patch, an injection, and a vaginal ring?
- ... that Betty Cantor-Jackson recorded over 1000 unique tapes of the Grateful Dead, Legion of Mary, Jerry Garcia Band, and Old & In the Way, but lost them when she couldn't pay the storage fees?
In the news
Ural Airlines Airbus A321 in 2013
On this day